Saturday, December 24, 2011

Here's Me

       So today, I'm writing a more personal and out of the ordinary (for my blog) type of post.  Most of what I've written is ideas I've had, things I've always wanted to get out into the world, or just plain gibberish that I've happily emptied from my mind.  Today, I'm gonna post what I consider to be a "normal post."  I feel it is time to just talk about where I'm at, and express the best I can in words, how thankful I am to my Father in Heaven for my wonderful life and people that make it that way.
     I'm now about 17 months into this 24 month ordeal, and blown away at the experience that it is.  I absolutely Love being a missionary.  It is full of so many things that just don't compare to anything else I've ever done.  I've never lived such a strict routine, and I love it.  I love seeing such changes in myself and others when consistent goal setting, plans set, and action really occurs.  It's amazing!  I love the gospel.  My testimony of this church and of the restoration is more solid than I ever thought it could be.  I can say "I Know..." and mean it.  I'm so thankful for this.  I've been blessed so much I sometimes think it is unfair.
     The parable of the talents has been on my mind a lot on my mission.  One guy got 5, another 2, and another 1.  The guy with 5 used them and made 10, the guy with 2 made 4, but the guy with 1 hid it away and lost the one he had.  The part to this that I've been realizing is that God gave me many talents.  I have an obligation to use them.  The more talents we are given, the more additional talents we then must gain and use for God's work.  I equate this to more than just actual talents, but also blessing we are given in life.  The more we are blessed, the more we should use those blessings thankfully to further God's work.
     I've been thinking a lot about relationships we have in this life as some of those blessings, or talents per se. The people around me, and the relationships and memories I have with them, are the best part of my life.  Time = Love, and Love is what it takes to make a good relationship, so good relationships require time.  I think that is why my mission is so great.  We spend all our time building these relationships with anyone and everyone that will hear our words.  No wonder I've grown to love so many people so much in such a short time (on the calender).  Whenever I first get to a new town, I think, "Eh, this place is ok... I don't really like the weather, or geography or... I doubt I'll want to come back here."  And then after a relatively short time, I meet so many wonderful people, build these amazing and inspired connections, and now I can't fathom Not coming back to visit.  It's happened everywhere I go.  Take away the people, I doubt I'd ever go back.  But with those faces, memories, and life-changing moments in both mine and their lives, I must go back to visit.
     Well back to my other train of thought, I've been so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life, and right now I want to take a moment to tell the world about the most important relationship I have in this life.  My Mom.  She has spent more time on me than anyone I know.  She has given more of herself to making me who I am than I even realize.  Words can't express the amazement I have for who she is, what she's done, and the great example she has set for me.  She served her mission to Italy, and her testimony has never wavered in the tiniest amount.  She's always stood by me and sometimes I don't even understand why I deserve to be so lucky.  "Because I have been given much I too must give."  My mom's love is spreading to the people of California.
     Now that little Momma's boy is done, I want to say that so many relationships in my life have given me knowledge, experience, happiness, and growth.  These are what make me me.  I have been given so much, that I'm duty bound to use that for the benefit of God's work.  I'm so grateful to do it in this capacity.  I'm so glad to have learned what life is truly all about.  I know that I will be doing this my whole life, whether I have a badge on or not.  I've been shown a lifetime of love and blessings, and if I don't use them to do the same thing, I'd be hiding them away.
     This didn't go quite where I thought it would go, but in the end, I just want to tell the world, or anyone who may stumble across this blog and make it through my un-illustrated posts to get to this point, that I Love Life.  This is such a wonderful place to be right now.  I have so many wonderful blessings that I'm eternally grateful for.  The main one being Christ, My Savior, My Redeemer, My Lord, My Friend.  I'd be lost without him, and I'm eternally in his debt.  As we celebrate his coming into the world, I express my joy and hallelujahs for his birth.  He has shown more time and love than any being before and since for every single individual on this earth, me included.  I Know He Lives.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you get to read your comments, but I had to say something. I love you, man, well I should say Elder! I'm so glad I got your letter with this blog address. I didn't know you were writing it! I love it. And I didn't have your address so I've been dying to know how to write you and tell you I've been thinking about you a lot. I've been wondering how you've been doing. Now I know and can't wait to swap mission stories when you get back. But, don't worry about that. Just keep writing and I'll keep in touch!

    Kevin


    "Ahhhh yeah!"

    ReplyDelete